Website for Dummy

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Thank you, adding more grist to the mill! The learning curve element is perhaps what bothers me, because my brain works more slowly than it once did, and I rather easily forget things - such as the last thing someone told me; not ideal, particularly given I'm very much pre-social media and all that goes with it. However, I'm encouraged by your reference to a blog, because I have one of those and did find it straightforward to set up (with Blogger)- it's not a very advanced one, nor is it heavily visited, but it does help me considerably in keeping track of what I've done, and when I did it.  So, if I can do that, maybe I can make a website - I have briefly visited Wix; and will take another and longer look over Christmas, between the mince pies and other festive viands.  
Watching the Baumgartner Restoration videos (and getting completely immersed in them) I notice that he embeds an amount of advertising -normally this might irritate me slightly, but he does it wittily, cleverly and, I think, ethically.  A site provider he recommends is Squarespace - he even offers a discount on it if you use his name. Now then - does anyone have experience of Squarespace.com? 
You’re not embedding something here are you Robert?😳🤫😆
No, because that's not what embedding is, as you well know, you very bad person! As it happens, I hadn't intended to make the link live, that was another example of my technologicial ineptitude - t'was the dot com bit that made it so; had I just typed 'Squarespace' it wouldn't have done it... In passing, the websites of Tony Auffret and Ms Spanton (just over the page: just looked at it - have ALREADY forgotten her first name!) are well worth a look: did we all know that Tony writes spy novels?  Well, we do now. I am available for a lecture on what constitutes embedded links, for only a crippling fee, as required.  
1. Phew! 2. I love crime novels…Tony didn’t give any clues😆how did you find out?
I went to his website, and there they are!  All ready for purchase, and stocked by Amazon for those of us too - well, lazy, aren't we, really?, to order from a proper bookshop. I don't generally have a lot of interest in spy novels, but as it's Tony...... 
Who needs websites, social media or blogs when you have Robert lobbying on your behalf?  Thank you.
I may just meander into Waterstones Tony…..will expect a signed copy of course. I remember the author of ‘ Salmon Fishing in the Yemen’ ( not crime but a good book) was published when the author was in his 60’s.

Edited
by Marjorie Firth

Sadly Marjorie there is about as much chance of finding one of my paintings in the National Gallery as there is of finding one of my books in stock at your local Waterstones.   Perhaps I should send Robert around to have a word with them, it can only be an 800 mile round trip, but lots of opportunities for him to collect sketches for his next materpiece or two.
Showing page 2 of 2