Studio Contents to Dispose of

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Due to ill health, I have been tasked with disposing of my father's watercolour kit. There is all sorts of stuff, and I am starting with paint brushes. There are a few Kolinsky, makes range from Jacksons, da Vinci, Rowney, Pro Arte, Raphael and SAA. I know how much was paid for them, but they are second hand and some are in mint condition, others more used. Happy to send a photo. Also have a few Isabey. Loads of other brushes as well. I will try and post groups or individual items here, or you can contact me at ann.chidley at btinternet.com. In the meantime, can anyone tell me what sort of brush this describes: The stick is about 12 inches long, it has three individual brushes fitted to the head and it is bound in silver coloured wire like an Isabey. There is no writing on it apart from the number 2. The brushes are really soft like squirrel but it would probably say on it if that were the case. What is it called, and what is it for?