Rowland Hilder's 'Starting with Watercolour'.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
this might not be the best photo but here goes just decided needs more work on shrubs at the front pic is open for advice. all advice welcome

Edited
by in2media

OK - well this is obviously a bit difficult, but from what I can see I like the look of your work and you've nothing to apologise for: OK, you probably need to restrain the wretched child and get your USB lead back, although buying a new camera would probably be a lot easier ... anyway, however you do it, post your pictures on the Gallery here.   Either get the new camera, or force the child to yield up the lead: bribery usually helps; and failing that, violence.  
PS - the drawing's great, don't worry about that.  If painting it - lighter background, strong contrasts - go for bold and contrasting rather than mild and medium.  
i think its done, what do you think?

Edited
by in2media

I think I like it; just a little more structure, definition, perhaps in the actual tower - it looks a little wobbly to me, but that may just be because I've started on my pre-dinner gin and tonic......  You have a lot of ability, and what you now need to do is paint a lot more - everything will fall into place in time; and not much more time, I should say, judging  from this one.  Seriously: well done.  
Just one more thing, that's just struck me - always make sure you know where the light's coming from: that will give you shadow, and shadow is very useful indeed at giving shape.<div> </div><div>And I like the branch coming in front of the church.  </div>
Yep, looks fine, perhaps needs a little more strength in the washes.I too, like the branch in the foreground, looks natural and adds distance, well handled.I've straightened it and cropped it in Photoshop, hope you don't mind.bestMick

Edited
by bloodaxe

thanks for the kind comments, im pleased with it as its my first solo, got used to having a teacher there for help etc. im already on with the next one
Well done, keep at it.  
A note for the future - Micks cropped version looks so much neater don't you think? When ever you post, on the forum or gallery, you want your work to look at it's best. You don't need photoshop though (bit expensive) as Picassa is free and will suffice for your current needs. Mick does clever things with photoshop, which is great, but piccasa will save you a bundle.
Showing page 2 of 2