RE- LEISURE PAINTER MAG

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Forgot to mention a cup of coffee for washing your brushes.............
any one use stretcher boards ,, clip on ones / do you wet the back of your paper before painting do you use a stand under your board when sitting at the table . I like to hold the board loose in my hand to turn it about when working .a stand seems to restrict me .I also have two pans of the most used colour in my palettes // ie two ..raw sienn two burnt sienna ,ect,/when one is empty, I fill it up from a tube ,and use the other one till that has set, I cant abide little pans ,they are so fiddly for making a strong colour out of . why are most sketching boxes filled with tiny pans ,at present I am making a watercolour box out of a cigar box ,,I.ve painted the inside white ready then I am sticking large pans of five limited colours in it , ,for use with pen and wash ,the same five colours Mr Wesson used for his line and wash watercolours ,, and a small proceleine round, four well ,fits just right :-D
Not a great fan of masking fluid, but it does have it's uses on rare occasions (mines probably gone solid by now 8-) ), Gum Arabic is also in my arsenal, though again used infrequently.
I hate masking fluid and avoid using it. My different brushes do all the job in watercolour. I try to execute watercolours without added mediums.
Showing page 2 of 2