OPEN BOX M

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
I do very little plein aire work but I do work quite a bit away from home and use a simple lightweight brief case - a remnant from working days. It's ideal and I have everything I need down to a hairdryer. The palette is hidden beneath the brush holder on the right. I even got one of my smelly rags - took the photo this morning in the studio. I see I even captured a bit of the Berlin wall on the windowsill !

Edited
by MichaelEdwards

I have just bought myself a roll around shopping trolley...its brilliant, I can stuff everything I want into it, light weight easel , sketchbooks, , very light aluminium stool , water, all the paints and pencils I need. brolly , butties...bottle of wine, six glasses and if Robert ever turned up Id stick in a box of cigars (small), Oh any old thing. They provided them in Portugal on my painting holiday with Roger Dellar, a group of Trolly Dollies rolled our way around the Algarve. So instead of one shoulder higher than the other I now will assault the coast of north Wales with a lighter , springier step.

Edited
by NorthLight

Sylvia to a non shopper, please explain or show us your trolley. Here is my pochade. I hade the palette made to fit and added strips in the lid to hold the boards I painted on. I reinforced the bottom and added the tripod connection. Very old oil paint left in there. I would also use a small brush holder.
Showing page 2 of 2