Week 100 Bonus Artist Colin Gibson

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Welcome to this week’s bonus artist thread , the featuring artist is  Colin Gibson 1907-1998  a Scottish  painter born in Arbroath in Scotland . He won the Guthrie Award in 1943 for his work Lisbeth , Lisbeth was his wife. Colin was also a journalist who wrote about nature and his local area Angus . Sorry for the short introduction, I’m suffering with conjunctivitis at the moment and find it difficult to see the iPad. Hope you enjoy my selection.
You do wander into these health issues, Paul!  And you're not alone - these are the joys of getting older; we'll all hope you'll be free of this latest pest soon.  What if I could swap you an arthritic knee for your conjunctivitis?  Both of my knees are arthritic - though they don't really hurt that much - but one of them has started playing a full castanet repertoire .... I daren't bend it, people look, stare, wonder if it's my bowels they can hear.... Another artist I didn't know anything about, tearing myself away from the recitation of our numerous ills; the top one seems to be slightly cropped, giving me a few problems with reading it, but I like the street scene/architectural images, and their colour palette. 
Now and then, as we'll all have discovered, the Cloudflare software pops up, seeking to establish "if you're human".  It did just now. How it establishes this, when so many have failed to discern my humanity, I just don't know. Is it sure, I ask myself: is it so easy to convince....?
I wondered if it was just me with the Cloudflare which has been overpowering just recently. Yes I’m also human! 
Once the message say contact secure I go to the forum or gallery and what I have posted is there already. After a few years as a  Drill Instructor it’s quite nice to have conformation that I’m human as there was often doubt by many of the recruits. Keeps the knees thank you Robert I have a matching pair .