Inspiration From Artists Wk 104 Bonus Artist :Ted Dyer.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Welcome to this weeks bonus artist thread the featuring artist is :  Ted Dyer b1940 is a post was contemporary artist who lives in Cornwall and is well know for his impressionistic oil painting . Now in his eighties he continues to paint and exhibit in Cornwall and London and has done so for the last fifty years. I hope you enjoy my selection of his work I have attempted to select across section . 
A pleasant selection of work Dixie. I also found these of Venice carnival scenes. I am not saying I particularly like them but they are certainly another string to his bow!
Interesting to see an artist with so many different aspects to his style.  I did an image search only to find my favourite was already posted (top of his selection) by Dixie - I am attracted to Dyer's impressionistic paintings.  I chose this one , because I am not really sure if I like it or not.  I like to the style but the composition seems a little too focussed and too busy at the same time - if that is possible.
His style certainly does vary - not keen on most of his work, but do like these vibrant seascapes - they look as though they could have been painted by a different artist!  (In looking for these, I saw that he does have a son, John Dyer, who also paints in vibrant colours, but his style is naive and not so easy on the eye.)

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Bringing this back up and showing some of artwork of his son John Dyer just a tad different to dads . 
Not keen on Junior's paintings, or at least those shown here, though I do like his colours and curving horizons - all a bit different, and different is often good.  Could be that I'm too conservative artistically to appreciate them.  
Should add - I do like Ted Dyer's paintings, maybe except for the 6th image up on this page, the birds in the tree by the building; not sure why, but perhaps a bit too busy (as Tony suggested).  And I don't know what's going on with the lights in the middle of the painting - I do like a clue as to what I'm supposed to be looking at....