Filling in the blanks.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Thanks for finding this Sylvia.  Jael looks very well dressed for living in a tent, but her pose is much the same as in my picture.  I had the man the other way round, so you could see his face.  Also in this RE book, I illustrated all the plaques of Egypt - boils, locusts, etc.  Hope you feel inspired Lewis.
I am inspired, Linda.  I hadn't thought of the plagues of Egypt.  Let's face it, there's nothing better than drawing a nice fat boil.
That Jael looks to be a bit of a madam.....  I must go back and read the story: doubtless she had a motive.  She looks so matter of fact and motherly in that painting: as in, 'just hold still dear, one so hates to make a mess!'.  
I have been known to wield a lump hammer but not quite like this.....was he a very wicked man Linda ? 
I think he was leading the invading army,  Canaanite maybe.  The story is all there in Wikipedia or the bible, take your pick.  I can’t say I was particularly interested in the story, just that she was famous for doing it and it was fulfilling a prediction. Lewis you should have seen my history book, I drew topless  Minoan priestesses in that.
Topless?  You ladies love the gory stuff.  Nailed heads, and now decapitated Minoan priestesses! . . . . Wait a minute, I may have misconstrued...if memory serves I'm sure I drew topless princesses in my school books too...and I'm pretty sure they still had their heads. It sure is a small world.
Showing page 2 of 2