Lockdown refugee

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Another photo I have long wanted to paint. 

Edited
by Pat Harris

Another photo I would like to use as inspiriation.

Edited
by Pat Harris

Another photo I really want to paint.

Edited
by Pat Harris

I seem to have a surfeit of photos. I have kept a photo blog for almost 60 years, My photography certainly improved over time. I hope painting doesn't take as long.

Edited
by Pat Harris

Hello Pat, welcome, I’m a bit older than you are. I love your painting and look forward to seeing them on the gallery. 
Ellen Mooney on 31/10/2021 13:10:30
Thank you so much for a lovely welcome.  My maiden name is Mooney. Could we be related? I grew up in Manchester.
Welcome - joining the ageing club, I'm 71 in a couple of weeks.  Someone told me that today's 70 is yesterday's 50 - well, I'm not convinced at all by that, but will take it as consolation in weak moments.   I'm not the world's greatest watercolourist, but I do have a go: my real medium is acrylic, and increasingly oil -- always ready to advise if required, as are many others here, including Alan Bickley, one of our star performers!  Your painting is good; and if you take up knitting again - I could do with a new cardigan.......... 
Robert Jones, NAPA on 31/10/2021 13:11:13
Thank you so much for a lovely welcome.  I had just reached 70 when my husband died, so I feel more like 90. Painting is helping so much. 
Thank you so much for a lovely welcome and thank you for the compliment. I must admit to enjoying using computer apps to enhance my photographs. I have a series taken on the same beach (Southwold) that cried out for the Vetrianno treatment. Using a brush is much harder, and scary.
Welcome to the Forum.  I too am 72, but my hubby is fortunately still alive and kicking.  Love your painting!  It looks full of positive energy.   Hope you enjoy your classes. You will find lots of support here.
Linda Wilson on 30/10/2021 16:29:10
Pat Harris on 31/10/2021 20:26:46
Welcome, your painting looks really good. There is plenty on the tips and techniques on the site for beginners and plenty of demonstrations to follow. I often do them for some learning and practice. Everyone is helpful. I am also sorry to hear you had such a loss. I look forward to watching your progress.
Denise Cat on 30/10/2021 20:24:24
Thank you for your lovely welcome and condolences. I see you are a beginner who took up painting in the Time of Lockdown. I went to Liverpool University at the end of the 1960s. It was there that I met my husband of 52 years.
Welcome Pat. So glad you’ve taken up painting, it’s a pastime where you become totally absorbed and the real world disappears for a bit, which is always a good way to banish anxiety. Your photos are beautiful, look forward to seeing them transformed into equally beautiful watercolours.
Welcome Pat. So glad you’ve taken up painting, it’s a pastime where you become totally absorbed and the real world disappears for a bit, which is always a good way to banish anxiety. Your photos are beautiful, look forward to seeing them transformed into equally beautiful watercolours.
Anthony Knight on 31/10/2021 21:35:21Thank you, Anthony. Painting is certainly helping me a lot. 
Anthony Knight on 31/10/2021 21:35:21Thank you, Anthony. Painting is certainly helping me a lot. 
Showing page 2 of 2