Hello

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hello, I am new here. I am Divya, studying fine arts(painting). Though I started drawing and painting just 3 years back, I believe I have made a little bit of progress. I am good at doing work where I am not required to think too much. But I want to develop my compositions now and facing a problem in putting my ideas to paper. In my mind, there are amazing ideas, but I just can't seem to put them on paper. It's like I have a theme and words but not the image. I would love it if any of you can offer help on my journey, critiques, suggestions, everything is welcome. Thank you and nice to meet you all.
Welcome Divya  nice to meet you as well. Suggestion, keep a rough sketch book by your side fill it with ideas and scribbles ,  anything ,everything.   Out of the window, in your mirror  ,your dog ,your cat  sit on the bus  and draw people.  Look at the sky  look at the sea. Draw,draw draw....then hopefully your head will be crammed with things to paint.Just enjoy.
Hello and welcome to p.o.l, Divya
Welcome Divya  nice to meet you as well. Suggestion, keep a rough sketch book by your side fill it with ideas and scribbles ,  anything ,everything.   Out of the window, in your mirror  ,your dog ,your cat  sit on the bus  and draw people.  Look at the sky  look at the sea. Draw,draw draw....then hopefully your head will be crammed with things to paint.Just enjoy.
Sylvia Evans on 19/07/2023 13:54:23
Thank you Sylvia for your wonderful suggestion. I am starting from today itself. Though I know, its hard for me to make a habit, but i will do my best to draw anything and everything. I do enjoy drawing but sometimes I get in a slump, and i leave it altogether, this time around i will do it even if its for 10 minutes. Consistency is the key is my new goal.
Hello and welcome to p.o.l, Divya
Carol  Jones on 19/07/2023 16:26:06
Thank you Carol. Nice to meet you.
Hi Divya, nice to see you here to pol, have a good time. I am not a professional, but I know that often one's own expectations can be the biggest blockage. A private sketchbook where you can draw any nonsense and any mistake, even willingly, but better still without too many thoughts - that's my method to "let go", and sometimes (not always) something beautiful even emerges. You are guaranteed to find very good support here on Pol. See you :)
Hi Divya, nice to see you here to pol, have a good time. I am not a professional, but I know that often one's own expectations can be the biggest blockage. A private sketchbook where you can draw any nonsense and any mistake, even willingly, but better still without too many thoughts - that's my method to "let go", and sometimes (not always) something beautiful even emerges. You are guaranteed to find very good support here on Pol. See you :)
Tanja Gerster on 20/07/2023 10:03:46
Hi Tanja Thank you for your suggestion, I guess it really is the biggest blockage. I gather that most important thing is to not be afraid of mistakes, trying to follow that in my life now.
Good advice, here, from Tanja, Divya. Don't worry about mistakes, this is how we learn and improve.