Am I good enough?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
I have seen professional painters not up to your standard. It’s a cliche to say, art is subjective. Take what criticism  you-need and disregard the rest. Don’t compare with others! Press on with the talent you obviously have. 
In short - and I rarely say anything in short - yes, you're good enough.  There are times when, I imagine, all of us have asked this question - something hasn't worked, we assume these failures just happen to us and not to others: believe me, they happen to others all the time.  If that's what's worrying you, stop worrying.  
In short - and I rarely say anything in short - yes, you're good enough.  There are times when, I imagine, all of us have asked this question - something hasn't worked, we assume these failures just happen to us and not to others: believe me, they happen to others all the time.  If that's what's worrying you, stop worrying.  
Robert Jones, NAPA on 07/10/2023 14:23:03
Thank you so much for your kind words Robert. Yes, I've had failures a plenty and I have work left unfinished, but I feel I have had successes too. You.re right and I shall stop being concerned. Cheers mate.
I have seen professional painters not up to your standard. It’s a cliche to say, art is subjective. Take what criticism  you-need and disregard the rest. Don’t compare with others! Press on with the talent you obviously have. 
Martin Shaw on 07/10/2023 08:36:47
That is so kind of you Martin. I enjoy what I do and can take on board useful criticism. There are many professional artists I admire and some who leave me cold. There are also many fellow amateurs whose outstanding work I admire. Your words are most encouraging.
Thanks again for your response Alan. I have been posting on the gallery for quite some time now and have around 70 pieces in various categories and styles. It is the forum I am unused to but will take up your suggestion of posting here, perhaps when I start my next piece. Thanks again, your comments are much appreciated.
Showing page 2 of 2