Extreme painting with paul Lewin.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Just had 3 fantastic days with paul lewin, organised by the Newlyn School of Arts. The course was entitled coast, as this is pau lfavouite subject. He showed his Techniques to capture the ever changing colours of the sea. We used only pencil, charcoal and white gouash on the first day , he thretend to take away the brushes on the next batch of pupils and make them use grass twigs or seaweed. We finally got to colour on the third day along with an atlantic storm, hence Extreme painting. Paul us to carry out and ride out the storm, for that authetic salt spray look. It was worth every penny and more and i have come back with so many new techniques and media to try. I have even bought some watercolours. if in doubt try him out !! My painting is entitled Pendeen Watch.
Looks like a standard template Wordpress sort of site to me. Functional but nothing that grabs the viewer I'm afraid.
Hello Just looked at your website. I thought the pictures were all a bit small. I would have liked to have seen a coloured or back background - white looks a bit unimaginative. Take a look at some other artists' websites and see what you like about them. Have a look at fineartamerica.com and see if you would like to sell prints through them. You can refer visitors to your paintings on their website through your own. If you put links in your website, they will put your pictures higher up on the relevant page on theirs. the benefit is that you do not have to do any of the postage and packaging and they will produce the print in whatever format e.g. on metal, stretched canvas or framed etc. Even if yu sell the original, you can still sell prints. Copyright remains with the artist. I did like the facility for visitors to add comments. www.lindawilsonart.com
Since my web-designer left me to it, I've not had the guts to attend to my website and have developed (absurdly, I know) a phobia about going near it.  So I'm in no position to criticize your site, and frankly would be grateful if someone would help me with mine (eg, by holding my pathetic little hand and showing me, literally, what to do).  However: you can enlarge the images on your site, which is helpful - so I don't quite understand the point about images being too small - and it's quite easy to navigate: and these would seem to me to be the fundamentals.  So - I think it works; it could do with more development; some more exciting work, which I'm sure you'll add in due course; and does it have a Paypal facility?  I'm not sure it does - having the memory-span of a goldfish, I'd have to go back and look - but you really need that, if it's not there.  <div> </div><div>The problem with any website is that it has to compete in an almost limitless market - so my best advice to  you is to advertise it, spread it about, make people aware of it, put your very best work on there (and hope no one in China nicks it, although there's not a lot you can do about that if they do), provide a link to it on all your correspondence, even when you're just sending a Christmas card to your 99 year old Great Auntie Nellie, and don't be like some of us and assume that people will find it by accident, because the number who ever will is negligible.  </div><div> </div><div>Promote the site as best you can; liven it up as best you can; the basic design matters less than a) the product you're offering, b) the extent to which you can push your website into the dumb, generally unresponsive faces of gallery owners et al.  Put it on LinkedIn, get it known on SaatchiOnline, mention it in every post on POL and wherever else you visit.  </div><div> </div><div>My invoice for this advice is in the post.  </div>
Hi Russell it looks good with plenty of white space to fill... I'm not convinced about the email at the bottom of every page...it negates your contact page...remind people to click on the thumbnail for an enlarged image [the average viewer is a tad slow]... About Me Page? edit out when I was young...write more and move to the end of the tab bar. The landing page should be about your art [not you].
Hi all Wow,thanks very much for the feedback,must admit,im not over happy with artweb,for something that should be as simple as uploading your pics,size and price them,they sure do a good job of making it way more difficult than it should,its supposed to clone them over to the paid side of the site,which it does,but does not size them and you can try and try on some pictures to keep sizing them,but does not work. Can anyone tell me if saatchi or affordablebritishart art worth trying? Again thanks to everyone who took the time to look and give feedback,its a big help Russ