Winsor & Newton Colour Wheel

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Michael I agree as you say raw sienna and burnt umber does the job. and dont push my ideas, but I have found some of the raw siennas .i have tried lately have been on the ochre tone .and some a bit sticky and when wetting up out the pan ,I often would drag out a bit of yellow and have to mix on the plaette .I know it sounds strange but I get cleaner washes with raw umber in this example sketch that I pop on to try and prove my point,and show the light in the green .that I used to wonder how the old artists got. .I have not used any raw sienna what so ever in any part or ochre,,.I am not trying to convert any one.. my eyes are older than most so ignore me its only my opinion.

Edited
by Anonymous

Interesting, must try that.  I don't often use Raw Umber in watercolour, but then I've not tried using it like this at all - will now. <div> </div><div>Alan, you're giving your secrets away..... sell 'em, lad!</div>
little things turn up in the strangest places, I am not surprised when I see these little things crop up on a certain tv paint show but I dont mind,some fresh ideas wouldnt do them any harm
Showing page 2 of 2