The Price of Brushes

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Today between storm squalls we ventured out to the only art shop open on Sunday...not wanting to use my watercolour brushes I wanted to purchase some large brushes for acrylics. The art shop advertised a BIG SPRING SALE so I entered with a spring in my step...well SALE my backside everything was at least $2 dearer than last time I visited. The brushes starting at over $4 each for the smallest were left on the shelf...I bought nothing. The weather was closing in so off we shot to the DIY shop for some piping Hubby was after...so I went to the craft aisle...and there in front of my eyes were brushes. Exactly the same brand brushes as the art shop and at a fraction of the price...the smallest starting at under a dollar...I bought half a dozen from very large to small and the whole lot cost me $15...I would have been lucky to have gotten the largest at that price in the art shop. They also had canvases for a fraction of the price all shapes and sizes...the paints are craft paints but then you can't expect everything. WHAT IS GOING ON :-S