Phochade box?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hi, i used to have an Alwyn Crawshaw traveling studio but was alway,s worried about using it as the cassing that held it together was made of thinish plastic and felt it would split after a while so i sold it, [ now regret selling it] So i have been on the lookout for something simular but would stand up to being used and not have to worry about it falling to bit,s? For some month,s had my eye on a watercolor pochade box handmade by a company called Abby Easel,s on E-BAY, they also make differant pocha-boxes for oil and acrylic which you can slot three board,s in the lid without fear of them touching[ oil,s ], All are handmade to a high standard.The one i bought for watercolor is in my veiw exellent ! It comes with a plastic palette on a sliding lid which slide,s left or right and allow,s room for paint,s ,brushe,sand pencil,s and so on. The lid open,s out to a standard angle for watercolor,s and there is a recesse in the lid for an A5 pad and flap,s that turn to hold it in place but you can use larger sizes if you prefer? All in all a fabulous bit off kit and at resonable price,s? this is the website if anyone is looking for something like this. www.abbeyseasels,co.uk ----- well worth a look, Harry