Basics of Oil Painting - eBook review

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Just recently I have come across an ebook written by Robert Jones who offers his advice on oil painting based on decades of experience. His style of writing is not only informative but also quite amusing. You will find all the important hints about what you will need as a painter and what not to waste your money on. The 50 page book is presented in easy terms telling you about colour mixing, brush and knife techniques and much more. I printed the PDF file two pages per A4 sheet with the print still large enough for comfortable reading. Even if you have been working with oils yourself for some time you may want to consider it for its entertainment value. There are links to training video websites and of course much of Robert´s opinions wrapped in little gems in his narrative. Quote You don’t want paint mixed with your food; and you certainly don’t want to reach out for the mug of tea and absent-mindedly pick up and take a swig from your solvent can. It’s been done – believe me and your local Casualty unit. Unquote Please go to the contact page on Robert´s website to obtain the download link for a small fee. You may want to take a look at his paintings first. They are also well worth it. Robert´s website http://www.isleofwightlandscapes.net/