Using Red to cover canvas

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I have mentionned that I cover my canvas in Red. Robert was interested by this comment. I use Cadmium Red Medium. I apply it all over the canvas. When I paint over it I try as much as possible to let it appear through my painting. If I have lost some, I add the same colour in my mixture. On another note I also love to add to all my mixture a choosen colour. Example for one painting I will select : Raw Sienna and for everything I mix I will add a bit of Raw Sienna, through all the painting. For another painting I will use Cadmium Yellow Deep and use the same process. For another I will use Cadmium medium red. My main colours are : Cadmium Yellow Deep - Cadmium yellow medium - Cadmium medium red - Raw Sienna - Burnt Sienna - Alizarin Crimson(rarely) Ultramarine - Cobalt - Cerulean. + titanium White. I only like colours that sing. Some have" deadening "power like Burnt Umber, I stay away from them.