Should I try acrylics?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
I use System 3 a lot and I am quite happy with them. Alright the new caps of the plastic tubes break off at the hinges but you can still put the lid back on. As regards cleaning brushes after a session - water and soap are just fine. Always make sure to rinse your brush before putting it aside for a while during a session.
Well, there we go...all ordered. I figure with the bank holidays I shall be home when they get here.
best thing about acrylics is that it dries like plastic, its kind of the basis for most of my abstract work.
Syd is right about black hog brushes - I use one set for acrylic and another for oils. I've found that using a stay wet palette, very useful and keeps the paint usable for far longer. Mat medium is useful for creating glazes. I haven't found retarder or flow improver very effective. Heavy body white is really useful, otherwise you do not get enough opacity.
Sorry - I don't want to deflect from the discussion but it's great to see a stream to which Syd contributed still going strong and to see his name and photo cropping up on the screen - rest in peace dear Syd.
Very good Margaret. Lovely colours. Nice to see Syd's name up again, I agree.
Showing page 2 of 2