I'm New in here

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hey all....newbie alert!!! Been looking for a while to find a suitable forum to share my work and gain valuable feedback on progress. So you'll find me in here.
I gather you've got a WIP, but have been asked not to share it yet - hence your cryptic contributions thus far. Well that's a bit of a snag, in't it? How about working on something else at the same time, and sharing that instead, just to keep us going...? I've found a snag with showing WIPs - because my last four paintings have only been 10" by 8": so I finished them in one sitting, and there wasn't much "in progress" about it. But I shall return - I think I made the mistake in one of mine of actually doing it in stages just for the purpose of showing it developing, whereas I might have got a better painting by just cracking on with it. That's what can happen when you try to be helpful.....
Good place here you will find. Looking forward to viewing whatever you can show us.
Hi A G Holder.......what a formal monica. Very welcome to what is an odd gathering. Usually helpful, sunny and happy. ;-)
It's probably been done with quite liquid acrylic, or just possibly acrylic ink - so it's the more fluid form that you need if you're going to try this, diluted with medium or water, and built up bit by bit, in added layers: you can work wet into wet paint (usually just called wet-in-wet) or you can let the previous layer dry before working over the top. I suspect the artist has used a combination of these approaches, if she used a brush. It looks as if there's some pen work in there as well - a form of line and wash. (Just because it looks like that doesn't mean it is: the artist might have used a quite different range of materials, and if you can contact her, or she has a website, you might be able to find out more. It's also possible she used a digital medium, about which I know virtually zilch.) The acrylics likely to work best for this approach are System 3, by Daler Rowney - widely obtainable - or Chromacolour (in pots, not the tubes) obtainable online from Chromacolour UK. There are other brands, but those are the free-flowing ones I know best, and both would work for this technique. It won't be easy, from the look of it .... http://www.isleofwightlandscapes.net http://www.wightpaint.blogspot.co.uk
Thanks for sharing information with us.Acrylic paint plays very important role in painting it gives a wonderful look to the painting. Mont marte acrylic paint is very good in use.