Brushes

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
in another thread Splosh mentioned Jacksons Black Hog brushes , I use them for acrylics and they are a delight to use being flexible and not stiff and bristly like the usual hogs hair brushes . For me a stiff bristly brush is ok for oils and I dont mean the short brights which I dont like as the bristles then have little give and put the oll paint on in splodges. I would never use my Black hogs for oils and I keep them for acrylics only but I wonder if anyone has used them for oils as they are so different. By the way the new Jacksons catalogue is one to keep in your book collection . its full of information on all art mediums , even down to showing pics. of real brush strokes of named oil paints, to name just one surprise. When I have time i will read it cover to cover and it will be worth it....Syd
Black hog brushes are good for oil or acrylic. I prefer to use mine for oil, as I did not get on with the normal white hog. Also I have not worn out my synthetic acrylic ones yet, because I discovered that you can revive them by soaking in Spirit Green. Jackson's just had a sale on brushes and I got some more black hog brushes at half price. :) Linda
Haven't tried Jacksons for brushes, using Rosemary and Handover for oils but I'll certainly give them a look even if I have missed the 50% off offer!!
Looking these up. Can't have enough brushes.