i need help a bit

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
Hi Tanja. Gandalf is the star of your original painting and the additions you made improved him. The hat is great and the dark over light adds depth. May I suggest darkening his eye with a fine brush using a damp (not wet) brush. For example dab your brush on tissue and test on scrap paper before applying to your painting. You don't need to go fully dark straight away, build up the amount of paint in layers allowing them to dry fully between applications. Your 'messing up' anxiety is so true, especially in watercolour. For me, finding out how to fix mistakes was the best thing ever in watercolour. It reduced my stress hugely. It also turned mistakes into opportunities to practice fixing 😄
Thank you all for the other very good suggestions. I will also have to learn how to "touch up" a watercolor - at this point thank you very much @Owen Lloyd, how true what you say, thank you! But now I've finished this painting and I'm onto something new.
Showing page 3 of 3