July forum challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 3
I have to say that I have been impressed by the monochrome paintings for the June challenge. Hope everyone enjoyed it. I have no idea how it can be July next week but, as I'm not here on Monday, here is the next challenge. The challenge for July is summer skyscapes which, with the weather so far this year, could be anything from fluffy white clouds to full on thunderstorms - take your pick!
Wow, that’s a good one! Thinking cap on. Tessa
Its a lovely start, Jenny, you've set a high standard.
Well, its all systems go, here, now we have a spell of hot weather, so here is my effort - I take many picture of the sky, this is a winter sky, the sun is about to appear in the east, across the valley. Watercolour on a very rough paper.

Edited
by carol

I hope your son's leg is getting better, Ellen, and you'll be able to get to work with the paint brushes, soon. Take care, both of you.

Edited
by carol

Such beautiful entries already. This is one I did a few weeks earlier and I think it will fit the challenge. Thank you for having a look :) Mia
My early morning into the light view of my home city of Hull. Just put on the gallery before I saw the July challenge.
A revamp of my posting yesterday. Added a bit more colour to the cloud structure, plus a few more bits!
I've had another go at this challenge, a blustery coastal scene. Oil on board 30 x 40cm.
This is a sort of combi June/July monochrome abstracty industrial sky painting I did a while back. Found it tonight so...

Edited
by Wanderer69

This is my July forum challenge, another view of the mighty Humber with evening setting sun and storm clouds.
This is my July forum challenge, another view of the mighty Humber with evening setting sun and storm clouds.
Showing page 1 of 3