Free 5ml tube of QOR watercolour

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 2
Just send email address via the pop up form on this page ... http://out.easycounter.com/external/globalartsupplies.co.uk My 5ml tube of Quinacridone Magenta Series 3 arrived today :-) Not sure how long this offer will last so grab it while it's going ! They did take several days to respond to the email and ask where to send it so dont expect an instant reply. Then another week after that before the sample arrived...

Edited
by Haas

Thank you for this information!
Looks like the offers now closed as the popups gone ... hope some of you managed to get a tube before it closed.
Got my tube of QM - not tried it yet but will give it a go tomorrow.
Always a generous gesture to post information like this! I didn't apply because I don't actually need it, and maybe someone else did - but delighted to read that Michael did, because I know he'll make great use of it.
Went out painting today and forgot to pop the tube in my kit - here's to tomorrow.
5 ml of paint in artist watercolour isn't such a tiny amount Syd thats a standard size artists tube, as a small amount goes a long way. Even the large sized tubes of artist watercolour are only 11 or 14 ml. So a whole tube for free, probably worth £5 ~ 6, was a pretty good offer... I found it very intense and flowed extremely well Michael. Be interested to see your views when you get a chance.

Edited
by Haas

I use colours like quinacridone violet, also cunningly disguised as Permanent Rose - rather than Alizarin Crimson, for example. If the magenta in this brand is a quinacridone variant, it'll be lightfast, which is a great advantage. Useful in flower painting, mixes in shadows, and for making darks - mixed with a green. Just in passing ....!
It's Tony Haas and as I am returning to painting after quite a long break, I haven't as yet posted anything to the gallery. Although I will in due course. once i am back up to speed. not having painted for a while. Here's one of my older watercolours I did around 2008. Tony

Edited
by Haas

Post, Tony, post. It's always interesting to see peoples' work, and yours looks interesting.
I really like your painting Tony, I would agree with the others that it should go on the Gallery. Will look forward to seeing more of your work now that you are back painting.
Thankyou all for the kind comments on my past work. I will get around to posting soon but it's amazing how much knowledge and techniques fade with time. How different pigments react with paper which granulate etc.. It will come back but will take a few paintings under the belt yet. I really like this Quinacridone Magenta and as stated it is very intense, flows well. Also not a fan of Alizarin Crimson, lovely colour that it is, it's far to fugitive to have any place on a palette these days. I mainly use Permanent Rose but this free tube will be handy where the colour needs extra zing ! Tony
Showing page 1 of 2