Landscape Artist of the Year 2024

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 2
Just starting on Sky Arts. Anyone else watching!?
Yes! What a location!
Great isn’t it! Liverpool next.
Oh I forgot it was on, must watch next week.
It’s on again tomorrow evening Denise.
Thanks Tessa.
I will hopefully watch again this evening, as I actually fell asleep towards the end! Saw the winner but not the final selection. 😩
Yes I watched it too Teressa! I managed to stay awake!
Clever you Gillian! I am watching again with matchsticks for my eyes if needed. 🤣
Tessa, I also fell asleep watching it on Wednesday - saw the repeat last night, though,  and managed not to miss any this time.  Wasn’t impressed with the winner, it was probably the one I liked least overall!  I think my favourite was the wildcard winner’s very atmospheric and rather stylish painting.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

The wild card winner studied at Gray’s Academy and went on to gain an MA. She is well known in the area etc. Often the wild card entrants are just as qualified, if not more, than the “ pod” entrants. But it’s lovely to see their joy when selected.
Jenny, I managed to stay awake also! It was a great view to paint, and many of the wild cards looked really good this week. I assume that you can’t apply to be one of the wild cards, which I think I’d prefer to being a pod person! You can at least choose your view and don’t get interrupted so much. It generally looks more fun. Marjorie, it’ll be interesting to see if the wild card winner gets any further. She certainly was confident and proficient. Looking forward to next week. 
Showing page 1 of 2