Online Edition of 1952 Artist Magazine

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Loved viewing this online. The Article by one of our greatest Artists, Terence Cuneo was a great read. Many Thanks
I can only agree with Tom.  I haven't read everything yet, but intend to.  I found it excellent, even down to the vintage adverts.  We all have different interests in art, and I found this magazine met most of mine.  Maybe I'm mentally stuck in the 1950's, I'd have been 12 when this came out and already in love with drawing.  Had I been able to take this magazine at the time it may have shaped my art views differently.  It doesn't have the sumptuous print qualities we get today, but was still a cracking, and inspiring, read.  A gem.  I look forward to reading it all.
I found it interesting.  The language was so different.   Some of the answers to the Readers Queries were rather blunt and straight to the point .  This one caught my eye.  🙈
This reply made us laugh - not the sort of repsonse one would expect these days! So pleased you are enjoying the 1952 issue - it's amazing to have such a wealth of art tuition and inspiration going back over 90 years. Hope to share more with you all soon.