The Cultural Capital of Europe 2008

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hi folks, Today I went to Liverpool... Why, some might ask? To see the revamping work that has been done on and around the Albert Dock (among other things). I was mightily impressed, except that it rained and it rained and then it rained. As a consolation, I was fortunate enough to witness the arrival of a huge 'mobile' work of art from France; a robotic spider which was all of twenty feet high, transported in on low-loader. The 'thing' was a bemusing mixture of electronics and hydraulics, which presumably move huge, jointed fibre glass legs and fangs. I say presumably, because sadly I won't see it working, as the 'show' doesn’t start until tomorrow. I think there's to be a light show, with music too and I hope the good people of Liverpool enjoy it. I did manage to get some contra-jour photographs with lovely wet, cobbled streets, when the sun finally made an appearance, so I might be able to do something there. Also, on the journey home, I saw field upon field of hay-bales (the round ones and the cuboids!) and all in that lovely evening light you only seem to get after a rainy day clears into a fine autumnal evening. Photographs? Not a chance from a coach at 60mph! Just my luck. All in all though, a productive day photographically speaking. Am I the only one who might think like that after being soaked to the skin?  Happy painting folksJohn <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">