Escoda Kolinsky-Tajmyr Sable 1212 Brushes

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
A trick I will use is to cool it down by using a cool colour next to it .mind you your red could be on the orange tone ,make a break from it( by say a yellow tone spray of flowers )then if they are sweet peas tip them with off white and cobalt I use to be frightend of colour ,being a landscape painter ,and a lot of flower painters play safe and paint delicate ,,yet srong colours can be so excitting to use
Thank you Alan, that is really interesting. I will try a touch of cool colour next to my reds. Tips like that really help. Any tips on how to get rid of the red stain on the paper when you have put it there by mistake. The paper will only take so much 'scrubbing' although I have found some papers are more forgiving than others.
Flood and blot - quick.  Theoretically, most reds should be fairly easy to remove if you do that, because the great majority of them aren't dyes, (like pthalo blue, for instance) and so don't settle happily into the fibres of the paper and stay there.  Once they've even part-dried, though - it's hard indeed to remove all trace of them.  Sounds as if you know that, though!
It depends Chrissie on what red you are using.Some reds are less staining than others but even the ones that stain,are low to mid staining except Windsor which is a stainer.Unfortunately getting paints off can also depend on the quality of the paper and what you are using to get it off with.I say "unfortunately" because a lot of the time,better paper equals more cost.When painting flowers,I would avoid for example Bockingford and especially for scrubbing it.Other people swear by it but it doesn't work for me when it comes to trying to lift.I use a small hog haired brush and with a gentle approach most of the non stainers will come off.How far back to white you get depends as I said on the paper I used.The use of Mr Magic cleaning sponge believe it or not works great for lifting colour but again, depends.......But as you said, flowers close up do require a lot of attention !!!
Escoda Kolinsky-Tajmyr Sable 1212 Brushes for sale Sizes: 8 - £8.99 rrp.£23.49 14 - £29.99 rrp.£88.10 16 - £59.99 rrp.£144.78 18 - £89.99 rrp.£206.98 Free Trackable postage, Limited stock due to stall closure, We accept Paypal Many Thanks Artscape2013