Inspiration from Artist Wk 83 bonus artist :Fredrick W Baldwin

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Welcome to this week’s bonus artist thread the featuring artist is:   Fredrick W Baldwin 1899- 1984. A British watercolourist and draughtsman who after a elementary school education taught himself to paint.  Baldwin was noted for his studies of Suffolk churches , he lived in the county and held many exhibitions within the county and at the RA and RBA. The public gallery’s in Ipswich and Birmingham hold his work. I hope you enjoy the selection I have made.
The acuteness of vision, the steadiness of hand, especially the seaside view (No 5) are outstanding.
Lovely work front this artist Paul, I especially like the row of cottages and the trees.
Looks like there’s a few railway posters mixed in with some other very accomplished work! A few of which I consider outstanding!
Wonderful work, and I love those boats!
My favorite form of art is line and wash....born of admiring landscapes in the old trains and book illustration.  So this artist's work is a real treat for the old peepers.  I've seen some before, and am delighted to see his work again.  Great choice Dixie.
I hadn’t seen his work before and especially like his pen and watercolour paintings of boats with their subtle colouring.  This one’s interesting, although I’m not quite sure what I’m looking at!

Edited
by Jenny Harris

The last one looks like a old barn where there is a  milling machine , its the orange red oval thing  in the middle. To the right is what looks to me like a pile of corn seeds  has been remove , not a flower milled corn . There is a spade and some sacks that really do persuade me that we are looking into a small farm where they are separating the seeds from the stalks . As he painted in and around Ipswich area it would follow that corn would be one of the crops, certainly was when I live five miles from Ipswich in the 1970s , lots of quite small farms around even then very different from nearby Cambridgeshire. 
The level of detail in that old barn is beyond belief… well almost! The Spritsail barge as well, down to the rigging in fact, it’s so beautifully drawn… A tremendous find Paul!
One more of his excellent work before we change to next week’s featuring artists.
Incredible work… the skill, not to mention the time needed for that last architectural study is impressive!