Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hello :) My name is Ross and have been posting my work here for around the last 3 months.  I've had little formal tuition apart from the odd class and a love for creating art. During the 80's I traveled around Europe using pastels to create art on the ground. I made a really good living in Germany (Frankfurt) and learnt a great deal from other artists. In the 90's i discovered watercolour and fell in love. Most of the work I've uploaded was done around 2006/7 but then I got into computers (building them) and I just stopped painting. So now I've taken up the brush again and i so wish that i'd never stopped. I've lost the confidence I once had and am being far too tentative. So i'm going back to basics and see if i can reclaim some of what has been lost. it's basically a case of practice, practice, practice and hopefully i'll improve. I have to say that I love the positivity shared on this site. I sometimes get sooo depressed after creating yet another ball of mud that reading some of the lovely comments really do brighten your day.

Edited
by Ross Cameron

Hello Ross welcome to the forum.  You have some lovely skies I; your work on. The gallery....just keep keeping on.  Nice kitty. 
Welcome although it’s belated, you will soon get back into the awing of it Ross you have lots of skill that has just gone rusty . Bet you will enjoy rediscovering your own ways of working . It is a good site in the main we do have the odd ups and downs but people are always willing to help out if they can . Not many join in the conversation on the forum but we are all different and some people don’t feel comfortable. Have a look at the inspiration from artists thread and if you have any names of artists you particularly like let me have them to add to the list. 
Aww thank you Sylvia, my Cat Leia loves any attention.
Welcome although it’s belated, you will soon get back into the awing of it Ross you have lots of skill that has just gone rusty . Bet you will enjoy rediscovering your own ways of working . It is a good site in the main we do have the odd ups and downs but people are always willing to help out if they can . Not many join in the conversation on the forum but we are all different and some people don’t feel comfortable. Have a look at the inspiration from artists thread and if you have any names of artists you particularly like let me have them to add to the list. 
Paul  (Dixie) Dean on 23/04/2023 13:13:11
Thanks Paul, I mean Dixie :) I quite like the forum environment, I help out on an IT forum and enjoy the community of it all. This site positively radiates with what seems genuine and friendly folk, it's very heartwarming.