Last entry for this term

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
The last entry into the diary of my art group for this term. Twelve weeks ago the doors opened to beginners on their journey into the world of drawing and painting, all were looking a little apprehensive including myself, they came without materials, but a lot of hope that they might go home with a new interest, twelve weeks later they all have their own equipment and drawing and painting their own pictures. We used water-coloured pencils and watercolour paints, I chose water colour pencils to start with, because they are easier to use than the coloured pencils, mainly because you can draw your painting with them and by adding water, it cuts out the needs to erase any graphite lines. I started with a few exercises in shading to get 3D effects and free drawings of different subjects like trees-skies-mountains etc. all of which make up landscapes of their choice. I decided to ask a nominal fee to cover the cost of the hall and materials, also knowing that a term fee, meant that some might not be able to attend, so I decided that a Pay as You Come would be fairer to all. I know it meant that I never knew how many would come each week, but I now have a set of six budding artists, all keen to come back in September. I am very happy with my efforts to do something I have always wanted to do, pass on some hints and tips that I have collected over the last ten years, so many people say “I wish I could draw” and I wanted to prove with a little help- everyone can.
Well done Tao, that 12 weeks seems to have passed very quickly and six regulars is not far short of what we get in one of our long established groups running for years! You must be really pleased, and I have great respect for you. I’m sure the first term is the hardest ( for them as much as for you), so now it’s onward and upward! Enjoy your break. Tessa
A wonderful community service you have provided. I'm so glad to read it was a success, Tao, and that you've had a good response for your efforts. A very good idea to have a pay-as-you-come arrangement, no pressure on the participants as time is short, and so is hard earned money, for many. Wishing you and your artists all the very best with your next sessions. Well done, Tao.