British Plein Air Painters

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I know it’s short notice but there’s a free days painting tomorrow Friday 5 July meeting outside Tate Modern/millennium bridge, South Bank from 10.30-4. Come along if you’re able to. I’ve only done one before at St. James’s Park last year and it was great fun and very enjoyable. And for those who are nervous of painting in public, it’s so much easier with company! Tessa
A super day on the Southbank on Friday: hot but shade available! Managed to do two paintings and some sketches, paintings obviously not finished yet but will do at home hopefully over the next week or so. Unfortunately the St Paul’s one blew over (face down of course!) so has some grit and dirt which I’ll have to try to remove without taking the paint off. The second is a guitarist busking outside Tate Modern. He was only there for about 45 minutes so I had to work quickly, which seemed to fit with the music he was playing at the time. Great fun meeting the other painters some of whom had come a fair distance like me,and we all gathered at the pub for a drink and “show” session. Tessa