Profile Picture

M.I.A

Posted By JenEdwards Last Month
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Forum Member +

Forum Member + (371 reputation)Forum Member + (371 reputation)Forum Member + (371 reputation)Forum Member + (371 reputation)Forum Member + (371 reputation)Forum Member + (371 reputation)Forum Member + (371 reputation)Forum Member + (371 reputation)Forum Member + (371 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Sorry I haven't been on for a while, I'm not ignoring anyone, I just haven't been very well, I'm still not fully 100% so I may just pop in and out for a bit. Had a little case of sepsis and well its floored me, I just cant seem to get right from it. So I'm just going to take it easy, pain when I feel upto it, and rest as much as possible. Hope your all ok, and I haven't missed too much? Please inform me of any gossip lol.

Jen
alang23
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Forum Expert

Forum Expert (1.1K reputation)Forum Expert (1.1K reputation)Forum Expert (1.1K reputation)Forum Expert (1.1K reputation)Forum Expert (1.1K reputation)Forum Expert (1.1K reputation)Forum Expert (1.1K reputation)Forum Expert (1.1K reputation)Forum Expert (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Strewth! Sepsis can kill. Keep your eye on that.

tessag2
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Forum Member +

Forum Member + (278 reputation)Forum Member + (278 reputation)Forum Member + (278 reputation)Forum Member + (278 reputation)Forum Member + (278 reputation)Forum Member + (278 reputation)Forum Member + (278 reputation)Forum Member + (278 reputation)Forum Member + (278 reputation)

Last Active: 24 minutes ago
Gosh Jen that’s awful: thought we’d missed your lovely bees, but thought maybe taking a break, busy etc.
Great to see you posting again. Take it easy and hope you’ll soon be feeling much better.
X
Tessa
JenEdwards
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Forum Member +

Forum Member + (371 reputation)Forum Member + (371 reputation)Forum Member + (371 reputation)Forum Member + (371 reputation)Forum Member + (371 reputation)Forum Member + (371 reputation)Forum Member + (371 reputation)Forum Member + (371 reputation)Forum Member + (371 reputation)

I know nightmare, thought I was a goner at one point. Especially when I had to take the NHS taxi with the blue lights and sirens! 😱 Not nice! Luckily I had been taking real good care of myself health wise leading upto it and docs think that helped me. So back on the taking care of me wagon whilst I try and fully recover. I may need a little OP on my liver as they didnt like the look of it, have to have another scan on it on Monday to have a peep at what's going on inside. Thank the lord I was born in the UK and we have our wonderful NHS, because without them I dont think I would be here.

Jen
tessag2
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Forum Member +

Forum Member + (278 reputation)Forum Member + (278 reputation)Forum Member + (278 reputation)Forum Member + (278 reputation)Forum Member + (278 reputation)Forum Member + (278 reputation)Forum Member + (278 reputation)Forum Member + (278 reputation)Forum Member + (278 reputation)

Sounds right scary! No wonder you haven’t been able to paint. Agree with what you say about the NHS, they are generally incredible.
T
SylviaEvans
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Prestige User

Prestige User (6.2K reputation)Prestige User (6.2K reputation)Prestige User (6.2K reputation)Prestige User (6.2K reputation)Prestige User (6.2K reputation)Prestige User (6.2K reputation)Prestige User (6.2K reputation)Prestige User (6.2K reputation)Prestige User (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 40 minutes ago
Poor you , that’s dreadful. Keep on keeping on . Yes our NH S is wonderful me and mine have called on them quite a lot recently. Hug. No real gossip to speak of.

Sylvia.
Marjorie
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Forum Expert

Forum Expert (1.5K reputation)Forum Expert (1.5K reputation)Forum Expert (1.5K reputation)Forum Expert (1.5K reputation)Forum Expert (1.5K reputation)Forum Expert (1.5K reputation)Forum Expert (1.5K reputation)Forum Expert (1.5K reputation)Forum Expert (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 42 minutes ago
Sounds as though you have been through the mill! Glad you're on the mend.
TonyAuffret
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

Forum Member (98 reputation)Forum Member (98 reputation)Forum Member (98 reputation)Forum Member (98 reputation)Forum Member (98 reputation)Forum Member (98 reputation)Forum Member (98 reputation)Forum Member (98 reputation)Forum Member (98 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There is no such thing as a 'little' case of sepsis!  I am glad you are pulling through and look forward to your posts in the gallery.
EllenM
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Forum Expert

Forum Expert (610 reputation)Forum Expert (610 reputation)Forum Expert (610 reputation)Forum Expert (610 reputation)Forum Expert (610 reputation)Forum Expert (610 reputation)Forum Expert (610 reputation)Forum Expert (610 reputation)Forum Expert (610 reputation)

Oh my gosh, Jen. I’m hoping you’re past the worst. How scary for you. I agree, our NHS is wonderful. Take care and I hope you’re going in the right direction now.

Ellen
maggyn
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Forum Member +

Forum Member + (112 reputation)Forum Member + (112 reputation)Forum Member + (112 reputation)Forum Member + (112 reputation)Forum Member + (112 reputation)Forum Member + (112 reputation)Forum Member + (112 reputation)Forum Member + (112 reputation)Forum Member + (112 reputation)

So sorry to hear you have been so ill Jen. Hope you make a quick and full recovery and look forward to seeing more lovely bee paintings. Maggy 🐝
JenEdwards
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Forum Member +

Thank you everyone for the well wishes, as you can see I'm still not in full posting mode. I'm getting there though with the painting, a little bit a day most days.

Have some exciting news, my local coffee shop does an arts and open Mike night once a month, next month they have asked me to display my art. How cool is that.

Jen
tessag2
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Forum Member +

Fantastic! That’ll give you something positive to aim at painting-wise.
Tessa
JenEdwards
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Forum Member +

I know so exciting yet frightening at the same time ha ha.

Jen
SylviaEvans
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Prestige User

Prestige User (6.2K reputation)Prestige User (6.2K reputation)Prestige User (6.2K reputation)Prestige User (6.2K reputation)Prestige User (6.2K reputation)Prestige User (6.2K reputation)Prestige User (6.2K reputation)Prestige User (6.2K reputation)Prestige User (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 40 minutes ago
Brilliant Jen.

Sylvia.
Splosh
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Forum Expert

Forum Expert (957 reputation)Forum Expert (957 reputation)Forum Expert (957 reputation)Forum Expert (957 reputation)Forum Expert (957 reputation)Forum Expert (957 reputation)Forum Expert (957 reputation)Forum Expert (957 reputation)Forum Expert (957 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Good to hear that you have recovered.  My sister had sepsis in her foot last month and has been on antibiotics ever since - injected, dripped and now oral.  Very scary.  She was in A&E for 8 hours then they sent her home.  She was recalled after in for a week.  It is good to hear of people recovering.
JenEdwards
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Forum Member +

Ohh your poor sister. I was in a&e overnight as there was no room on the wards, then 8 hours the next day on a holding ward sat on a chair as still no beds, before finally getting one for 2 nights. Not the hospitals fault tho, it's all the funding cuts closing all the wards. I was lucky to go home after the 3.5 days, lots if people with sepsis have much longer stays. Have to say they were brilliant and treated it aggressively with a mix of iv antibiotics, then oral ones that did the job. Just had an MRI scan on my liver, gallbladder and pancreas last Monday to see if it's all recovering or if I need surgery, fingers crossed I dont. Then hopefully it will all be over.

Jen