New brush

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I was in Noble Art in Salisbury today (ive decided of late that brushes and paper I ought to buy locally, where possible, so that I can see and feel it. Anyway, we were talking brushes and she showed me her latest range of German made locally-imported brushes. They are "Premier" brand sables and look like the Luxart ones (i.e. just black handled). The Premier no 6 is like a Luxart number 5. Anyway, for £7.50 I bought one to try and I am pleased with it. Its a good brush and if it lasts like the luxury one I shall return to this brand. For those who might recall Compleat Artist in salisbury this place, Noble Art, is the only shop here now since CA went. The CA building has been rebuilt as a coffee shop I gather. David
We should probably all try to support our local art shop, but it is very difficult to do that - inevitably, the online suppliers can offer lower prices, and a wider range. But still - best wishes to this one, and to you for supporting it.
Sylvia - you sent me a PM, but I can't reply to it because you need to clear your folder out: you have too many messages. You were asking about our old friend Alan Owen, though - and I'm pleased to tell you he rang me a few weeks ago, and is in full form with his Patreon channel, and his free tips on YouTube: this seems to have given him a new lease of life.
I suppose we're lucky in Bolton having both a branch of The Works (cheap and cheerful but does the job basically) and also Hobbycraft which tends to be a bit expensive.. There is an art shop I believe, but a bit out of the way for me as I don't drive anymore. There's also W.H.Smiths but they too can be expensive. None of them have quite the atmosphere of the old dedicated art shops of yesteryear.