A must see.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Have just had a brief visit to London , first outing in a long while it was lovely. Went to the Van Gogh exhibition at Tate Britain i found it a tad disappointing, I should have done some prior homework. A lot of the paintings were by his contemporaries whilst he was living as a young man in London.so the explosion of Vincent’s I had been hoping to see were not there, well not enough of them. So it was sort of enjoyed. But then we moved on to Kew Gardens and oh wow and giddy aunties ,it was WONDERFUL . The Dale Chihuly glass installations just gob smacking. I’m posting a few pics for your delectation and encouragement to go ....back in my beautiful wild Wales now where I can breathe. Enjoy the pics.
These are absolutely awe-inspiring. I have always wanted to go to Kew Gardens. How long are these glass beauties going to be there? I know I could look it up, but I shall ask anyway! Another must see, if you can, is the Edvard Munch: love and angst exhibition. Not only is the British Museum brilliant, the exhibition inserted a few of its own print and lithograph works to complement Munch work and compare what was happening during the time he worked. The Munch work was fabulous and thought provoking. I have certainly been inspired.
Thanks Sylvia. It is a trek to London. Hopefully you might be able to get there before 21 July. In any case I have a longer lead time than you for the Kew Gardens and the glass. October. So I could be lucky. However, I still want to go at some point.

Edited
by gudrunsthlsharpley