Cheap media on line...

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Ive recently been watching colouring pencils on eBay, polychromos but especially graphitint. These usually sell for around 1.50 -2.00 a pencil but in eBay they can be found for a quid or less. My question is this...are these items susceptible to being Chinese fakes? There are so many fakes in all areas these days it makes one wonder where it stops. Anyone got experience of buying good brands of pencils cheaply on eBay? David
I´ve heard that the Chinese regard it as a compliment when they copy someone else´s products. Also I see ebay as an online form of a car boot sale. You never know what you´re getting. Having said that I´ve bought the occasional item on ebay without regret but I wouldn´t know about those pencils.
I've bought Caran d"Ache pencils from Ebay before and been happy with the results. However, I notice that Amazon are quite often cheaper and regularly have free postage