Self portaint

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Red scarf and me. I have been posting in normal gallery as I forgot about this forum feed decided to put progress drawings on here instead first picture second picture and the stage I am at the moment

Edited
by Leefarmer1

Looking good Lee . Your painting is better than your spelling. 😉
Nice work Lee!
Looking good. I don't think you given us the medium. Lew.
Looking good - don't worry about your spelling - just pretend it's a typo.... Are you doing this from life in front of a mirror, or from a photo of yourself? Either would be fine, just curious - on the whole, I think working from a mirror image is good, but of course you are seeing yourself back to front; so some people use two mirrors to correct this - I wonder if anyone on here has done that, and if they felt it helped?
Try working with a mirror for your next piece - it's usually lack of confidence that makes people think they need to work from photos. I did once start to do that, but thought 'hang on - what's the point? I'm just recreating an image that already exists...'; the Bengal artist Pratim Das did a portrait of me in chalk, from a photograph, though - most distinguished.... I agree with Alan that two mirrors is an unnecessary faff, and that a sp is best done from life, like all portraits. But this one is looking good all the same.