Posting pictures

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
My pictures are upside down. Am I supposed to turn them that way before posting so that they come out the "right way up" please
Search the forum as there have been other discussions on this - especially if you have taken your photo on a phone (short answer turn the phone the other way up) . But the basic answer is yes. A good way to be sure, if you have computer, is to download the free open source photo manipulation GIMP, then you can turn your picture any way you need to.
If you use Windows, load it into Paint (free and supplied with your pc) and save it the right way up
And if you don't use Windows, or The Gimp, try Picasa - it's free, and I always used to use it on my old computer. This reminds me that it's an age since I posted anything at all - right way up or wrong way up: they'll all think I've died.....
Do what Pat says and establish which way is 'up' for your device and lock the auto-orientation function. If you need to turn it (l'scape/portrait) turn the artwork not the device. I wish I could do that with life in general; I've spent a great deal of my life looking for which way is up.