New post in General topics

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I notice a poster has put a message in the General section about Art World scandals and invites one to click on a link. Is this suspicious as it is this posters first post? Or, am I just being paranoid?
I'm keeping well clear of it Peter, open the link at your peril... I could be wrong of course!
I searched for it on the BBC website and nothing came up except for some old Tax Fraud stuff around selling art to the Russians. I've replied and asked for some details

Edited
by alang23

I too was cautious, but googled Yves Bouvier to find the story. Not so much a scam as out and out fraud.

Edited
by TonyAuffret

Nothing wrong with being paranoid when they're all out to get you..... I did click on the link, and it took me to a legitimate site. But as suggested, just Google Bouvier if you have any concerns. I wouldn't normally click on links unless I know where they come from, and gave myself a firm slap having done so. The art market has of course always been the subject of frauds and scams, ever since art objects acquired value - so, sort of forever.
Thought I'd post this here as I mentioned it was happening shortly some time ago. Bolton council have spent a literal fortune ( in the region of 4 million pounds) on a permanent exhibition in the town hall library and museum. Today my wife and I went to see it. It is absolutely staggering and utterly the most professional display I've ever seen (and I've seen a few) A large Egyptology section (many items 5,000 years old) , massive display of animals, birds and fish in the taxidermy area including a brown bear and a massive elephant's head, a fantastic collection of Old Bolton via exhibits, photographs, souvenirs and paintings (famous sons like Samuel Crompton, Nat Lofthouse and Fred Dibnah all feature) a full size Spinning mule, exhibits of weapons from ancient times, an enaction area for kids where they can dress as ancient Egyptians and take part in a supervised play and so much more. The art gallery section isn't as vast as I personally would like, but has works by Thomas Moran, a J.M.W Turner and too many fine paintings, drawing and etchings to mention. ( The art gallery alone is well worth the visit) There are two small Andy Warhol portraits and some incredible new innovations in picture framing also . We spent a happy hour plus just gazing.....and it's all free. If you should find yourself in or near Bolton, give it a look. You won't be disappointed, I promise. Jim.
Jim - I've made a mental note to include it in one of short City breaks - thanks for the tip.
Ref the above, there is a large portrait of Amir Khan in the Bolton gallery painted by Christian Hook. If you haven't seen his work it's well worth a look. He had a unique style that I think is fantastic. https://tinyurl.com/y9kylece