Trying to make myself do a bit

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I'm laid up again so whilst I can't move I have decided to make myself do something, Lewis posted a little sketch before and it's inspired me to get out of my mood and do a bit. So far I have sketched the outline of 2 foxes, which I hope look like ones kissing the other? Some winter berries and a bit of what I imagine to be bushes in the background. I'm thinking of poss using some masking fluid here and there to create some snowfall effect, before I use my usual watercolours to paint the pic. I'm thinking snow with a little green poking up on the floor, using some blues and purples for the shadows in the snow? Then snow on the shrubbery in the background, again with green showing in places and blues and purples for shadow? The foxes will obviously be fox coloured lol. And the berries bright red with a black/red bit here and there, to give it a bit of depth. I'm thinking a reddy brown or a grey for the twigs on the Bush. Last of all a pinky purple/blue for the sky like you get with snowfall? Any comments on what you think would wouldn't work on my ideas are welcome. The more the merrier. X
Looks fun Jen. We do all work so differently , there you are all thought through to the enth degree . I always have an idea then sort of start it , then it takes me over , then it either works or it dosent. Maybe I should think things through a bit more . Look forward to your progress.
Oh Jen, so sorry to hear you are poorly and hope you feel better soon - keep taking the pills! lol. I really like your fox picture, I think one is telling the other a secret! I look forward to seeing the finished result.
I can't settle down to anything major, the best I can do is something quickish in my sketchbooks. Just got back from the hospital, just a routine thing for my wife this time...we were there for hours, when she was seen she was with the doctor for about five minutes. Can't be helped, I suppose...I should be used to it by now. Stupidly I thought we weren't going to be long, so I didn't take my little sketchbook with me (that usually takes the sting out of it.) I like the start you've made Jen. The pose you have the foxes in looks very natural. I shall watch with interest. Lew.
Jen I am so very sorry to hear about your hip and the pain that you are in. And yes, just changing position sometimes can have unexpected dire effects (just done same to my back). I do hope you get those pain injections as soon as possible. I love your foxes, yes one could be kissing, or could as Margaret suggested be whispering a secret. Your colour choices sound pretty good to me, I see that no-one has disagreed with them. I hope you are soon pain free enough to progress this painting. (I see that you do alcohol ink art, if you want to free up and go with the flow perhaps alcohol without the ink would help?). Lew, I wish you and your wife all the best, healthwise. Love the sketches you posted on another thread.
It's shaping up beautifully Jen. I'd say whispering a secret.
Jen, I hope all went well today, and you will feel more like your old self- not that you're old, mind. The painting above is such a tender portrayal of care from one animal to another, Beautiful work.
Jen I am happy to hear that the injection went well and do hope that you are as pain free as possible once the 48 hours have passed. I love your finished fox painting and have left a comment. Best wishes for your health from now on.
Like this little snail...take it slow. . Good to have you back, Jen :)
Yes Jen as Carole has said it's good to have you back. Hope that injection has worked by now. We've missed your chat!