APOLOGY

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I have finally succumbed to senility I owe everyone a very grave apology for my last posting. I posted the photograph by Shannon Wild my reference photo by mistake. some one Kindly pointed this out to me, because I started my painting a long time ago and had put both pictures in my computer file of paintings, and I never gave it another thought. and choose the wrong when posting a painting to your gallery. Please feel free to scream --shout---and call me a silly old fool (which you are probably right) I am sorry really very very sorry. but thank you for the wonderful comments which were all wonderful whilst it lasted . and please thank Dawn for choosing the photo for the top row I will go and hide for a while until I get my confidence back to face the art world once again 😊
Don't worry about it, any of us could have done that. If it makes you feel any better - I've lived in my village for the last 17 years. I had a pub lunch with a colleague today, and left the pub to buy some milk in the corner shop while he retrieved his car. Returning from the shop - I couldn't find the pub! I went up one road, thought nah, this isn't it.... Then down another one ..... that wasn't it either. Eventually had to ask someone where it was - I've always had a bad sense of direction, but this is a new one even for me. I had been walking in entirely the wrong direction: no one had actually spirited the pub away: and what's worse - I'd only drunk orange juice, and coffee. So - it can happen to all of us: and my reputation locally is now as bad as you fear yours is here.
Robert, I also have a poor sense of direction and had a similar experience recently when on holiday in Timaru. Went into one of the main street shops, when I came out I couldn't work out whether to turn left or right to get to the street where my car was parked. Asked a very helpful young lady in the shop who had lived there for two years but didn't know where Cannon St was! I then told her that Ballantynes (very expensive dept store) was on the corner of Cannon St and she knew immediately! Tao don't worry we all have the odd senior moment!
No worse than my wife and I. Can't count the times we have stuck the shopping list on the front door where we couldn't possibly miss it and we've still left the house without it There is now a note on the dashboard of my car reading 'Have you got everything ? Double check!' Didn't work last week when we went in my wife's car!
Oh Tao, poor you but don't worry at all. We all do silly things now and again, I think we are all of an age to be able to say that you had a senior moment. These things happen, you will laugh about this one day!!