White Prisma coloured pencil

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Has any one any experience of these pencils. I’m looking for a nice sharp white highlighter. I often use white gouache to highlight but wonder if a pencil would work as well. They have good reviews but I don’t always trust reviews. I trust you lot...well usually. So any thoughts please ?
Hi Sylvia .....I dont know if my Caran Dache Prismalo is the same thing.Its pretty hard and needs a bit of pressure to put a soft highlight on watercolourand its stronger with a bit of wet. I have tried it out on watercolour test brushmarks on rough watercolour paper.and you can see the white on various areas of the scrap paper. Hope this helps. ....Syd
Another good option Great for highlights in eyes and suchlike, very opaque and covers black completely. only drawback is you cannot create gradients except through cross hatching.
I don't know if they do an white in the inktense pencil range, but I think that might work.