Challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 3
Why not attempt a street scene busy with people.That should add nterest to the forum. Syd
I'll give that a go, Syd. I have a bit of time this holiday weekend :)
But Syd, that's difficult - hard work... I've got a couple of things on the stocks at the moment, proceeding at my usual funerral pace - but as I've never done this before, I really ought to have a crack at it. It's a pity we've lost Derek Snowden, because he has fallen out with some of us over his use of language - if you're out there Derek, it was an argument over principles and language, not personalities: don't cut off your nose to spite your face - because he would excel at this challenge. I've a feeling I won't excel at it at all, but who knows? You didn't want a real place, did you Syd? Because that can be a swine - people will say 'I know little Burpington on the Swozzle, and it don't look like that'....
I must have missed our losing Derek. Sorry to hear that D
Indeed it is a shame, but I can understand why on point of principle he would hand in his paintbrushes. Yesterday someone was arrested for holding a politically incorrect opinion and thousands protested but the media was commanded not to mention it. Last week Stephan Fry and Peterson debated the topic of political correctness with two numpties one of which proved that though they virtue signal they are actually terribly bigoted themselves. To prove this Peterson was called a "mean white man" and numerous references made to his race... it is not healthy to see everything as a conflict between group identity. So within this last few months we have had Canadian conservative speakers refused entry under anti terrorist laws, someone reporting on the rape gangs "dissapearing" while the media are gagged (using the false charge of breach of the peace), people marching on mass for freedom of speech and it not being covered on any of the mass media... if everyone just continues to suffer this nonsense we will be like the USSR in ten years time. Personally I would go to war on this issue, it is important enough.
I'm also sorry that we have lost Derek, hopefully he will return. I do recall the incident in question and that is now well behind us, so please return. Let's not get embroiled in another prolonged discussion about 'political correctness', enough is enough. Let's keep it to ART, or I will also disappear!.
Here's something I did a while ago that might get the topic back on track..
Nice colourful work.
Really like your vibrant colourful street scene Jim.
Im going to attempt your challenge tomorrow.
Nice work, Jen. I'm popping mine in this evening, Syd.
It looks good Jen.
Showing page 1 of 3