Anyone used ?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Has anyone used Derwent inktense paints ? They are being advertised quite widely at the moment and have some wonderful claims. The most interesting ones to me are the vivid colours and lightfastness. The travel box only comes in half pans which I always find too small as I like large brushes. but I have ordered a set so will see. Any observations would be interesting. 🌻
No I haven't Sylvia, but I am just looking at the page advert in the current edition of 'The Artist' magazine, and they do look rather interesting. It looks to be a great little travel set and could be quite a useful addition to take on a sketching trip. Let us have some feedback when you've given them a good testing out!
I have been in two minds about this product, the pencils are wonderful. Will be interested in your findings, Sylvia.
Your posts made me.google these paints. I might get a set to take to Greece this summer, save lugging my white nights. Do keep us posted Sylvia. D
Did you get anywhete with these syliva?? D
Just to clear up any confusion, well I was confused anyway. Sylvia is talking about the Derwent Inktense paint pan travel set, this has 12 half-pans plus a few other bits. RRP is £22.99 and I will buy a set once Sylvia has reported back, and demonstrated to us all how easy they are to use in the field! John Inkson, AKA Picturethis was referring to an interesting article in the current edition of The Artist by Robert Dutton on page 50. This article covers the Inktense Paint Pan set to which I have just referred. It also gives details on Inktense Pencils which come in sets of 12, 24, 36 and 72. Finally, it gives us some useful info on Inktense Blocks, these also look interesting and what Carole S, AKA FlowerGirl is talking about. Clarification complete... I hope!

Edited
by alanbickley

Thanks Sylvia .Im sorry they didnt fulfil the hype from your perspective. I also shall pass no i think. Heres a thought...why not sell them on for ever diminishing price? You sell to me for 90pc of the price you paid, i paint one picture then sell for 90pc of what i paid and so on. Then we can compare pictures. Just a daft thought. D
Well im game 😊