Do you think it very difficult to make your own mounts?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 2
Triệt lông vĩnh viễn giảm giá Tia Laser ảnh hưởng mang bước sóng mạnh, tần số linh động, hăng hái điều trị tổn thương trong lớp thượng suy bì, nối liền những collagen và kích thích sản sinh elastine giúp da căng mịn mà ko còn vết rạn. Kỹ thuật này còn giảm thiểu hiện trạng lão hóa da rất hiệu quả.Xem thêm: phun môi collagen giá bao nhiêuNhổ bỏ lông là bí quyết đơn thuần, phổ quát, tốt tiền, cùng lúc sau lúc mọc lại lông cũng không bị bất kỳ thay đổi nào về màu sắc, độ cứng hay mật độ (độ dày). Điểm mạnh của cách thức nhổ lông là lông mọc lại chậm hơn do nang lông bị tổn thương sau nhổ và cần với thời kì để tái tạo; mặt khác, với một tỷ lệ khăng khăng nang lông bị thương tổn không phục hồi và lông mang thể ko mọc lại. Nhược điểm của cách khiến này là gây đau và với nguy cơ gây viêm nhiễm nang lông.Theo quan điểm của những bác sĩ chuyên khoa thì việc xuất hiện rận ở lông mu có thể do lây trong khoảng bạn tình. Không những thế, các con rận cũng với thể tự xuất hiện nếu như người đàn bà vệ sinh vùng kín ko sạch. Điều này càng dễ xảy ra khi lông quá dày rậm, như vậy như tình trạng đầu bẩn sẽ sinh ra chấy vậy. Khi đã sở hữu rận, người phụ nữ nhất định phải triệt lông vùng kín để những ký sinh trùng này hết chỗ trú ẩn.Xem thêm: Phun xăm môi ở đâu đẹp và Lên Màu Tự Nhiên Nhất?- sở hữu liệu trình triệt lông vĩnh viễn chất lương mang giá tiền nhỉnh hơn, quý khách sẽ được cam kết về sự an toàn về sức khỏe, làn da. Thường các gói triệt lông đắt tiền đều đã bao gồm hết các giá thành. Không phát sinh thêm bất cứ 1 giá tiền nào ngoài gói đã mua, không phụ thu.Lông vùng kín rậm rạp” khiến chị em khó chịu, ví như không được thu vén tỷ mỉ sẽ gây ra những bệnh viêm nhiễm. Cạo lông vùng kín như thế nào là thắc mắc thắc mắc của rộng rãi eva, cùng tham khảo bí quyết cạo lông vùng kín tại nhà an toàn trong bài viết dưới đây.Nguồn: http://phunmoingocdung.com/bang-mau-dep-de-phun-moi-nen-chon-mau-hong-cam-mau-do-hong-baby-hay-do-cherry/

Edited
by tientien123

It's not difficult at all if you have the right equipment, but a new mount cutter is an expensive item to purchase... https://www.lionpic.co.uk/p/34032/Keencut-Ultimat-Futura-1000-Mountcutter-40 You might be lucky and pick up a second hand one from Ebay.
They can be expensive as Haidee-Jo has said, the professional kit is great but not necessary. For many years I have used the Logan hand mount cutter. It comes with a 24in aluminium ruler which the cutter slides along in a groove. The angle of the blade on the cutter is pre-set so you will achieve a perfect bevel each time. Just looking at the ruler and it says 'Logan Team System'. Not sure where I bought it from but you can't go wrong. If you need any more information or a photo, just shout!. I'm off out now for a couple of hours but I will be back!.
That sounds great Alan!
With any kind of device to hand, I have been described - unkindly but not entirely inaccurately - as being 'like a cow with a musket'. I have never tried to cut a mount in consequence. Not being a watercolourist primarily, I haven't really needed to, which has come as a considerable relief. But I do know of people who, with the right equipment, can sail through the job and produce perfect mounts. I suspect, as with many things, that practice helps.
I used to work in a picture framers back in the mid 90's and cutting mounts was part of my job, really easy with the professional equipment! And I bought a large mountcutter secondhand which I used a lot back then, but l haven't had to frame a watercolour or drawing for years now thank goodness. I just leave them in my sketchbooks now :-)
I can't paint without a mount to hand - I put the round the painting as it develops and it helps so much in ensuring not only balance but also even tonal values. SoI always have quite a selection of mounts available which I cut myself. They do soon get dirty and need replacing. HOWEVER I never cut them for framing - my framer does all that for me. He also cuts mounts for mounted but unframed works and the cost is not much more than buying the mountboard and doing it myself. For me it's a no-brainer.
I'm back!... Come on now folks, it's not difficult, and is so useful to have this facility always available. Sylvia will tell you how clean the bevel is, she has one of my mounted sketches. Like you Haidee-Jo, I also worked (part-time) for a framers and learnt the trade. Those professional mount cutters are worth the outlay if you are doing hundred's. I've now got unlimited access to all the gear needed for framing, courtesy of a little craft shop at the end of my lane, who also sells some of my work. A foot operated MORSO guillotine, a super little bench mounted Morso guillotine, underpinner, the lot. I buy the moulding from Mainline Mouldings and I can knock up a professional quality frame within minutes and at a fraction of the cost of a pro framer. Sorry, I've digressed away from mountcutters. No feedback from the author so far, I hope this has all been of some help - we are a helpful team at times aren't we!
I wasn't after compliments Sylvia, but I'll happily take them...
Just looking on fleabay and a mount cutter is available for £18. I was thinking of taking a batch of paintings into my local framer for mounting, not framing, but this would easily exceed the £18 of a cutter plus the boards. The ONLY snag is whether I could make a neat job of it!
Of course you can David. You need the right mount cutter though, there is plenty of rubbish out there. Give me a shout before you buy, I've tried quite a few over the years, that's why I've settled on my present set-up. No response as yet from the author of this post. It's only a couple of days mind you, but it is always nice to be thanked for our effort. Let's see!.
Showing page 1 of 2