Possible improvement to forum post dates

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hi as a newbie here I'm enjoying looking back over all the work and posts here, but since it's now 2018 EVERY post/topic just has a date of "last year" which isn't really helpful... can they not be made to show the actual date as obviously replying to something which is literally a year old might not be productive. I just wondered if its just something that can be turned on with a magic switch in the forum software :D James
Ha ha....just looked under the heading “other media “ kept scrolling down and Hey Ho. ...posts going back to 2009. So there. 😉.
Like all websites, this one has its little quirks - but there are ways around most of them, as Sylvia wittily suggests. We have had people replying to three year old posts before - I was wondering how they found them, but a trawl will produce results. It can be a little unnerving when the reply is to a member who has subsequently, um .... well, died. But it can still be of interest, on occasion: obviously, the level of interest of the dear departed will be slight, but others might sometimes find a reply answers a question which they had in mind to ask.
Tend to agree with Marialena and Syd, actual dates would be useful, and hopefully not too difficult to tweak? Comments on the Gallery come up with the actual date and time.
Maybe one of the more experienced members could volunteer to sort the matter out. Sketcher