What is this style of art called?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hi, can anybody advise the style of art (If there even is one) used in the picture I've attached? What I mean is instead of using the 'correct' colours in a drawing, they're switched out for random colours in some areas but kept normal in others. For example, in the picture below, most of the skin is a normal skin colour, but on the arms and hand a green colour has been added. I hope this makes sense....?!?!? On a side note, the reason I'm asking is my daughter wants to do something similar, but we're struggling to find other examples as we don't really know what to search for. Thanks Emma
I don't find art 'styles' that informative. All the 'isms' don't help. I've often found the same painting listed under varies 'isms. For what it's worth this MIGHT be POP ART, a school that often uses popular culture images as a basis for their art. I've certainly seen Pop art pictures with colours 'switched' as you commented. Good luck.
I don't disagree, Sylvia. It's definitely illustrative, but that might not be helpful as illustration covers every style. Certainly comic book. It's a style you could attach several labels to...I've attached two pics I found...both labelled POP ART. Emmalouise should get her daughter to look under all these types.
I'm also interested in this, thanks for the information!