Schmincke paints

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
My old art teacher (I was with her for 8 weeks) used Schmincke paints and recommended them but I always stuck to my White Knights. Well, I thought I'd try a few colours so went for Schmincke Venetian Red, Cad Yellow and Cerulean Blue. Wow is all I can say. A vibrancy like I have never experienced in the blue and a real depth in the other two. I shall certainly try a few more on the palette and see what I think, but they really look good pigments. David
Agree David, Schminke are excellent watercolours. Personally, I have never used White Nights, as they are only available in pans I believe, and I find you just cant get the same intensity with pans as you can with tubes. Are your Schminke pigments in pans or tubes ?
These were in tubes. Really strong colours. Im glad I tried them D
I have a set of Schmincke pans. I don't use them as often as I should but they are wonderful to use, the high pigmenting is a joy and they are really easy to wet up (they use the same formula in the pans as they do in the tubes). My set includes the cad yellow - I love adding it into greens, it's very vibrant) and the Venetian red, you only need a tiny amount. I definitely recommend them. Kay M