Advice offered

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Im not sure I am good enough to offer advice but as one beginner to another I'd say avoid the cheap packs of practice paper offered by some sellers...its horrible. I bought 50 sheets thinking "whats the worst that could happen?"...well the worst that can happen is that the results look so awful it puts you off. Might as well paint on old bed sheets. Ive bitten the bullet and just put paint onto good paper I was "saving till I am good enough" and bingo...the difference is massive. I think part of the difference is that because the result looks better immediately I take more care, put more effort in and dont lose heart instantly. But there's no doubt the appearance is also different. For sale...40 sheets of practice paper... I know the advice on this forum is buy the best paint and the best paper you can afford...I'm just saying "yes, yes, I know I should have listened". David
Hee hee - I bought a cheap pack of paper too; still struggling through it - you'd have thought I'd know better, really, wouldn't you: but cheap has always attracted me, even while I advise against it. I fell for it, and what a berk I was to do so. Economical might work - cheap as chips never does.