Inkjet inks without the inkjet

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
So, whadya do if you get shot of the inkjet printer but have some leftover refill ink (in bottles - this happens if your husband is cost-conscious and refills the cartridges himself)? You paint with the inkjet ink, of course! Thing is, I have horrible feeling it isn't very light-fast.
They are lovely images....
You are right that inkjet ink is not lightfast, despite costing the earth for very little of the stuff. I just sent all mine off to the RSPCA who recycle cartridges. I found that UV glass was very good at keeping some Chinese embroidery's colours safe, but getting prints done is safer. Alternatively you can put them on a site like fineartamerica.com and customers can order their prints, frames, tote bags, shower curtains or whatever else they want it printed on and you just get your cut of the money.
Amanda can you recommend a waterproof pen for pen and wash ,,,,,or fibre tipped one
Nice paintings d
thanks Amanda
Amanda, if you could list those inks you can run through fountain pens, and provide a link or two, that would be very helpful - as you know, I have eyesight problems at the moment, which means I'd be happier to work in ink than in pencil, and it also means that trawling the internet for the information I seek is a pain - I get to a site, the right eye is useless, the left one strains to compensate, and then a floater drifts across it, and I get furious with myself and shut the site down in frustration..... I shall certainly look for the ink and pen you suggest though, because although I've used disposable pens the nibs aren't expressive, and the ink quality varies (I've used the ones suggested by Splosh, though, and of their kind they're good). I do have a cigar box crammed with old dip pens, which I use with FW inks - they're wonderful to use, but I'd like something I don't have to keep dipping into the ink bottle. http://www.isleofwightlandscapes.net http://www.wightpaint.blogspot.co.uk
I sent for the Knopix pens ,came today.but find they are very thin pointed ,so I have posted for some of the artists brush pens , on e bay,( they are not to expensive ) there are also pens called comic pens ,I have found in my searches ,,,they are used for manga drawing and comics I will let you know how I get on with them Amanda ,,,
Thank you for that useful ink link Amanda. I've been looking for the Unibazl white pens that you recommended some months ago. Now I've found them on your link, I find there is more than one kind. which is the one you would recommend for an opaque white line?
Many thanks, Amanda, for your swift reply.