Unknown bird - identification needed

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
A little difficult to know where to put this but here goes. Our friend Pratim Das, who as you will know paints many pictures of birds, has had this picture sent to him by someone who doesn't seem to know what it is or where it comes from. I have trawled through all of my bird books, and can't find it. I wondered if anyone here is a birder, and might have a clue? All answers gratefully received, and I shall forward them to Pratim.
Is it a new Holland Honey Eater Robert?
Oh well done ,I have been trawling up and down and had got to the humming bird camp but it didn't really fit. Nice bit of general birdy info. Will drop that into some conversation sometime. Thanks .
Yes, it is! I found it a few minutes ago, and you've confirmed it. I've sent Pratim a link with all the information required so expect to see a painting from him soon - no pressure, Pratim.... Beautiful birds, by the way, aren't they?
After all that, I discovered that my landlady, whose daughter, son in law and grandchildren live in Australia, from which she's just returned after a visit to them, has actually seen these birds and recognized them immediately. I'll just ask her next time. But it was still good to share the picture with you all.
The New Holland honeyeater is not only a beautiful bird but sings beautifully too!!